I've had to do more ringing around and chasing up but finally it seems that we have made it onto the waiting list for Nipper to have a full diagnostic assessment with a specialist paediatrician and speech therapist.
The letter from my GP was finally faxed to the paediatrics department at the end of September, though it then took another eight days to reach the relevant paediatrician. Having taken four months of me ringing, and ringing, and ringing, we now have to wait another three months to get the appointment. Better eventually than never I suppose.
What makes me laugh though is that we have a 'follow up' appointment in December for something that we won't even have been to yet! So I'm wondering do we cancel the December appointment or go along anyway?
I've been sent a series of questionnaires to complete and send back before our appointment. One of them is specifically for his 'early years' setting to complete. That'a a tricky one. He left nursery at the beginning of September so they aren't really the right people to fill it in. He's settled into school very well but due to staffing problems he's about to have the third class teacher since he started so I'm not sure that they are the best people to complete it either.
Wonder if it's ok for me to fill it in???